Art director, graphic designer, email marketing specialist, animator, and copywriter with 7 years industry experience in print and digital design.
Jackson Spalding // Atlanta, GA
Graphic Designer / Art Director (2009–present)
- Lead design projects and develop strategic designs across a variety of platforms, including print collateral, advertisements, websites, web content, animations, presentations, corporate identities, style guides, annual reports, infographics, environmental design, and packaging.
- Develop ad campaigns and other design concepts with copywriters and internal teams.
- Art direct photography shoots.
- Present work to clients and prospective clients.
- Work with digital developers, media planners, printers, and publications to implement design and strategy.
- Instruct and inspire younger team members.
- Interview prospective hires.
Email Marketing Specialist (2010–present)
- Design, develop, and distribute HTML email campaigns.
- Counsel account teams and clients on email marketing strategy.
Notable client work:
- Orkin Pest Control: Oversee and approve all design work (2014–present). Project-manage and design quarterly internal magazine Rollins Today (2013–present).
- Georgia Transmission: Oversee and approve all design work (2009–present).
- Scana Energy: Oversaw design of social media content (2014–2016).
- Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta: Led animation team to create ADDY® Award winning “Don’t Be Extreme This Halloween” social video for the Strong4Life childhood obesity campaign (2011).
- Delta Air Lines: Acted as lead designer for multi-faceted employee relations campaign targeting flight attendants and airport customer service teams. Collateral included environmental design (posters, banners, etc.) for employee lounges, informational booklets, flyers, and mailers (2010–2011).
Starke Design Inc. // Atlanta, GA
Graphic Designer (2008–2009)
Developed fundraising brochures for Southern School Services, Inc. Designed layouts, art directed and styled photography, and assisted with brochure pagination. Gathered, reviewed, and edited images and copy. Facilitated file delivery to clients and printer.
B2 Creative Inc. // Atlanta, GA
Intern (Summer 2007)
Assisted stylists, photographers, and designers in producing Bloomingdale’s home and furniture catalogs.
Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver, After Effects, Acrobat), HTML, CSS, UX principles, email marketing platforms (MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, ExactTarget/Salesforce Marketing Cloud), and Microsoft Office.
University of Georgia // Athens, Georgia (2004–2008)
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Magna Cum Laude
Major: Art–Graphic Design, Minor: Theater
UGA Honors Program (2004–2008)
UGA Studies Abroad Program // Cortona, Italy (Summer 2006)
HONORS & AWARDS
- NRECA’s Spotlight on Excellence Award – GOLD for Georgia Transmission’s “An Elephant Underground?” ad (2015).
- American Graphic Design Award for Chick-fil-A infographic promoting product launch of new salads and wrap (2014).
- Davey Award – SILVER for Georgia Transmission’s 2013 ad campaign (2014).
- Golden Flame Award – GOLD for Chick-fil-A infographic promoting product launch of new salads and wrap (2013).
- Davey Award – GOLD for Frazer Center annual report (2013).
- ADDY® Award – BRONZE for “Don’t Be Extreme This Halloween” public service video (2012).
- Jackson Spalding “High Five” Employee Recognition Awards for Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta 100th Anniversary microsite design (2015), Chick-fil-A infographic (2013), Primrose Family Dance-Off campaign (2012), Delta/American Express microsite design (2011), Delta “Project Family” campaign (2011), Coca-Cola PowerPoint presentation design (2010).
- Mary Rosenblatt Scholarship: $500 awarded by UGA art faculty for leadership, moral character, and scholarly performance (2007).
INTERESTS & INVOLVEMENT
- Avid Rock Climber (2012–present)
- Routine Blood Donor (2003–present)
- AIGA Member (2007–present)
- Jackson Spalding Work/Life Team: Work with team and annual budget to plan employee events and activities (2012–present).
- Families First “Make It Click” Mentor: Build relationships with youth in foster care and group homes to provide support and promote positive youth development (2016–present).
- 48in48 Participant: Worked with a team of volunteers to build 48 customized websites for 48 nonprofits in 48 hours (2015).